If he loses the case, he could go to jail.
Max originally started drinking raw milk to reverse his "incurable" Crohn's disease. It must have worked pretty well, because he recently biked 3600+ miles across the U.S. to publicize raw milk.
If you would like to support Max, there will be a rally before his hearing. December 21, 9:30AM, at the Viroqua, WI Courthouse.
Speaking at his rally will be a fascinating who's-who of raw milk producers, political thinkers, activists, writers, healers, and film makers including:
- Mark McAfee (http://organicpastures.com)
- David Gumpert (http://www.thecompletepatient.com/)
- Michael Badnarik (http://constitutionpreservation.org/)
- Kathryne Pirtle (http://performancewithoutpain.com/)
- Michael Schmidt (http://glencoltonfarms.com/)
- Rob Taylor (http://robtaylorforsenate.com/)
- Mark Kastel (http://cornucopia.org/)
- Kristin Canty (http://www.ftcldf.org/kudos/canty2.html)
- Ann Marie Michaels (http://cheeseslave.com/)
- Tim Wightman (http://farmtoconsumerfoundation.org/)
and Kimberly Hartke's posting about him.