Below is a list of Real Food Fermentation book events, future and past. If you have questions about any of them, please post a comment below, and I'll reply to it.
I love meeting people, especially people who love food! So come find me at an event, and let's talk about fermentation or whatever else.
Books will be available for purchase at all of the in-person events, and I will be happy to sign your book. (Or if you mail me a book and a stamped, self-addressed envelope, I'll be happy to sign it and send it back to you.)
If you'd like to book me for an event, please email Events@RealFoodFermentation.com and let's figure it out!
- Saturday August 22 2015, 11AM-5PM: I will doing a beet kvass demo at the Farm to Fermentation Festival in Santa Rosa, California.
- Sunday October 4 2015, 10AM-4PM: I've helped organize the Boston Fermentation Festival at the fabulous new Boston Public Market.
- Sunday October 25 2015: My talk is called "Fermentation 101 + Understanding Science in the Media". I'll have to talk fast! At the Austin Fermentation Festival in Austin, Texas.
- January 28 2015, 6:30PM-8:00PM, in Oakland, CA: Talk/demo/tasting at Pollinate Farm & Garden. Sign up here!
- September 27, 2014, in Boston, MA: The 2014 Boston Fermentation Festival.
- September 20, 2014, in Southbridge, MA: Weston A. Price Foundation Massachusetts 2014 Conference.
- August 24, 2014, from 11AM-5PM PDT, in Santa Rosa CA: The 2014 Farm to Fermentation Festival.
- Boise Food & Health Weekend. May 3 and 4 2014 in Boise, ID. Click for full details!
- Fridays Feb 28 2014 - Mar 21 2014, from 12:30PM-1:30PM PST, at Stanford. Details here.
- October 22, 2013, 12:00PM-1:30PM EDT. Demo and book signing at the Boston Public Market at Dewey Square farmers' market.
This event is FREE!
- October 8, 2013, 6:00PM-7:30PM PDT. Make It! Sauerkraut at the San Francisco Public Library (Main Branch), 100 Larkin St, San Francisco CA 94102. Parking: on-street and garage. BART/MUNI: Civic Center. More information about the library, parking, etc. here.
Event site here.
This event is FREE.
- September 28, 2013, 10:00AM-2:00PM EDT at the Boston Fermentation Festival in Boston, MA. I'll be presenting. Subject TBD--perhaps trouble-shooting, preferred equipment, best practices, and other "advanced" topics.
This event is FREE to attend.
- September 20-22, 2013, at the Mother Earth News Fair in Seven Springs, PA. I'll be in the Quayside Publishing/Quarry Books booth making sauerkraut, signing books, and answering all your toughest fermentation questions.
- June 22, 2013. Hands-on fermentation workshop in Boise, ID. I'll be doing a hands-on fermentation workshop as part of the Boise Traditional Food And Health Weekend.
On Saturday, come learn about preparing liver and paté (Erik Carruth), and about fermenting foods (me); then share a grass-fed burger and visit the hot springs with us.
On Sunday, hear about "Sun, Sleep and Supplements: Optimizing Whole Foods Nutrition" from (Sondra Rose, Ancestral Nutrition Coach). After that, we're having a local food potluck and reception!
All events are family-friendly.
- June 16, 2013, 4:00PM-5:00PM PDT, live on Chew On This, on Radio Boise (scroll down for "Listen Now" link). Kim Metez will be interviewing Erik Carruth and me, in preparation for the Boise Traditional Food And Health Weekend (see above).
- March 23, 2013, 10:00AM-11:00AM PDT, on the radio. The Good Life with Guy Bower, broadcast on KNSS News Radio 1330 from Wichita, Kansas.
Click here to listen to the audio archive.
This event is FREE.
- March 11, 2013, 6:00PM-9:00PM, at 18 Reasons in San Francisco, CA. Map. Parking: on-street.
"A Fermented St. Patrick's Day", again with Nishanga Bliss, author of Real Food All Year.
In this hands-on workshop, we'll be making our own fermented food, and eating a fermented version of St. Patrick's Day. Highlights will include fermented cabbage corned beef rolls, and fermented beverages.
Price is $60; click here to register. Note that space is limited, and it may sell out.
- February 28, 2013, 7:00PM-9:00PM, at The Ecology Center in Berkeley, CA. Map. Parking: on-street.
A tag-team book talk/demo with Nishanga Bliss, author of Real Food All Year.
Event link here.
Nishanga is fabulous. We checked out each others books and discovered that they complement each other really well—so come get two book talks for the price of one! (Which is to say, for free…)
- December 9, 2012, 12:00PM-1:00PM PST, live on Wide World of Health with Cary Nosler! The archive is available here.
- November 10, 2012, 1:00PM-1:30PM at the Radiant Life booth (108-109) at the Weston A. Price Wise Traditions 2012 Conference, Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Map. Parking: plentiful and free.
I'll be doing a book signing, and meeting folks. I'd love to talk with anyone who can come by.
This conference has become one of the highlights of each year for me. A large group (1500+) of really smart, really dedicated food and health people get together and talk about food and health. Inspiring. It's not too late to sign up!
- November 8, 2012, 6:00PM-7:00PM at Omnivore Books, 3885a Cesar Chavez Street, San Francisco, CA 94131. Map. Parking: on-street. MUNI: Church & 27th. BART: Mission & 26th. Omnivore's info page is here.
- October 13, 2012, 9AM-11:30AM at the Santa Monica Farmers' Market with The Gourmandise School. 3rd and Arizona, Santa Monica, CA. (Map.) Parking: unknown.
We will shop together at the farmers' market for some ingredients, then we'll go back to the cooking school to start the process of fermenting them! See how I shop and how I work in the kitchen. You must register ahead of time for this event.
- September 30, 2012, 2PM-3PM at The Baltimore Book Festival, 600
North Charles St,
Baltimore, MD, (410) 752-8632. (Map.) Parking: I have no idea!
If you're in the area, please come by and see me and enjoy this awesome book festival! Event info.
- September 20, 2012, 10AM-1PM at a friend's home in West Concord, MA.
Details, including address, price, and registration info, on her events page. Parking: easy.
This will be a hands-on class where you get to be a part of the action. Come make your own sauerkraut!
I will be co-instructing with my awesome friend Hilary, who can tell you about how fermented foods changed her life. She is also a certified health coach; if you would like to change your health for the better, perhaps she can help you.
- September 18, 2012, noon-2PM at The Boston Public Market at Dewey Square at South Station in Boston, MA. Subway: South Station (Red Line, Silver Line). (Map.) Parking: in garages.
The Dewey Square Farmers' Market is one of Boston's most exciting farmers' markets. Come by during lunch hour to check out my book, see my demo, buy some veggies, meat, bread, artisanal products, etc., and perhaps grab a sandwich from the Clover Labs food truck or one of the others that is sometimes around.
- September 15, 2012, 1PM-4PM at Farmstead, Inc., 186 Wayland Avenue, Providence, RI,
(401) 274-7177. (Map.)
Come on down! Farmstead is one of the leading cheese shops in New England, and its sister restaurant, La Laiterie, has been recognized locally and nationally as a destination for the best of "haute farmhouse cuisine". If that doesn't make you curious, I don't know what will! More details on their events page.