Saturday, June 6, 2020

Cauliflower Purée Soup

Cauliflower is not my favorite vegetable. In fact, cauliflower and broccoli are near the bottom of my list.

So why would I post a cauliflower recipe on my blog?

The immediate answer is: I served some to a friend, and he asked me for the recipe. I figured I might as well share it here.

The more general answer is:
  • It's delicious!
  • It's paleo, gluten-free, soy-free, and nightshade-free
  • It can be made AIP and/or vegan
  • It can be served hot or cold, in a bowl or in a cup
  • It can be used as a sauce on other vegetables, or as a dip

I make this recipe off the top of my head, so I can't provide weights or amounts. Maybe I'll measure things next time and update this page. But for now, here's what I have:

Cauliflower Purée Soup

Ingredients

  • One head of cauliflower, chopped roughly into one-inch (2.5cm) or so cubes, including stems and greens if you like
  • Olive oil, butter, crème fraîche, sour cream, yogurt, and/or kefir
  • Salt and pepper (white pepper if you have it)
  • (optional) White truffle oil or walnut oil
  • Walnuts (crushed, soaked, and toasted) and/or pine nuts (lightly toasted) and/or seeds of your choice

Instructions

  1. Steam the cauliflower until it is no longer raw.
  2. Blend the steamed cauliflower with enough olive oil or dairy to allow it to blend. (I use an immersion blender, but a traditional blender would work too.)
  3. Add more olive oil and/or dairy and salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Serve hot or cold, topped with some nuts or seeds and a few drops of white truffle oil or a bit of walnut oil.


1 comment:

sink dish washing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.